Public Relations Officer
The current Public Relations Officer is Chelsea Cunningham.
History and Role
In the past the Society has had two PROs at one time: one designated the Internal PRO and the other, the External PRO. That practice is no longer followed and all public relations and publications of the society are managed by a single officer.
Article 2.8 of the Constitution states: "The Public Relations Officer shall be responsible for publicising the activities of the society and for maintaining a good image and high profile for the society. He/She shall also have responsibility for all publications of the society." In practice the role has involved advertising meetings through the design and distribution of posters, editing the Philosophical Society Magazine and dealing with the media where appropriate.
With the increase in PR activity on campus and changes in technology in recent years, the post has come to focus heavily on technical expertise and visual-design skills.
Former Public Relations Officers of the Philosophical Society
- 2015/16 - 166th Session: Chelsea Cunningham
- 2014/15 - 165th Session: Kelly Doherty
- 2013/14 - 164th Session: Katie Mullane
- 2012/13 - 163rd Session: Ruth Lawlor
- 2011/12 - 162nd Session: David Finn-Orde (Resigned), Annie Nevala
- 2010/11 - 161st Session: Sarah Morrissey
- 2009/10 - 160th Session: Emmet Curtin
- 2008/09 - 159th Session: Jean-Paul Frenett (Winner, Best Publicity & Promotion)
- 2007/08 - 158th Session: Kevin Hargrave (resigned) / Claire O'Sullivan Greene
- 2006/07 - 157th Session: Gwen Boyle
- 2005/06 - 156th Session: Luke Harris
- 2004/05 - 155th Session: Paul Flynn
- 2003/04 - 154th Session: Gavin Lawlor
- 2002/03 - 153rd Session: Niamh Godley
- 2001/02 - 152nd Session: Michelle McCarthy
- 2000/01 - 151st Session: Elaine Miller
- 1999/2000 - 150th Session: Lucy O'Neill
- 1998/99 - 149th Session: Unknown
- 1998/97 - 148th Session: Clíona Lankford
- 1997/98 - 147th Session: Claire O Shea-O Neill