All-Ireland Schools' Debating Competition
The All-Ireland Schools' Debating Competition is Ireland's largest debating competition for school debaters in senior cycle, run in the same format as the Irish Times Debating Competition, with some 800 students competing each year. The finalists are drawn from three provincial tournaments, with the final spot being filled by the winner of the Repechage, a debate for the provincial runners-up. However, with the brief addition of a Northern Schools' competition, the winners of the four competitions were drawn directly against each other in the final in 2008 and 2009. In 2010, however, the Northern competition was folded into the Leinster competition and the Repechage was re-introduced.
Having gone through many incarnations and having been under the patronage of two different sponsors, the competition has been sponsored by Denny since 2004.
Members of the Irish World Schools' team have won the competition (team/individual) every year from 2006-2010.
During the 161st Session, the All-Ireland Schools' final was held in UCC, being hosted outside Dublin for the first time in 34 years.
TCD College Historical Society National Schools'
- 1977: Colaiste an Spioraid Naoimh, Cork
- 1979: Notre Dame des Missions, Dublin
- 1980: Colaiste an Spioraid Naoimh, Cork
- 1981: St Mary's CBS, Belfast, Declan McCavana and Terry Muldoon
- 1982: Rochestown College, Cork, Damian Riordan and Maurice Fenton
- 1983: St Mary's CBS, Belfast, Kenneth Bartley and Ciarán Rogan
Bank of Ireland National Schools'
- 1984: O Connell Schools, Dublin
- 1985: Colaiste an Spioraid Naoimh, Cork, Tim Murphy and Adrian Hunt
- 1986: Castleknock College, Dublin
- 1987: Blackrock College, Dublin
- 1988: Rochestown Park, Dublin
- 1989: Presentation Brothers, Cork (Barry Plant and Jerome Holland)
- 1990: Team: Presentation Brothers, Cork (Kieran Holland and Dan Healy)
- 1990: Individual: Kieran Healy (Douglas Community School, Cork)
ESB National Schools'
- 1994: Team: Castleknock College, Dublin (Myles Kirby and John Gallagher)
- 1994: Individual: Susan de Brun (Colaiste an Phiarsaigh, Cork)
- 1996: Presentation Brothers, Cork (Robert Philpott and ???)
- 2002: Team: Gonzaga College, Dublin, Barry Glynn and Dan Sinnott
- 2003: Team: St Louis' Secondary School, Monaghan, Josephine Curry and Aislinn Ní Chaoláin
- 2003: Individual: Rachael Walsh, Loreto on the Green, Dublin
- 2004: Team: Christian Brothers College, Cork, Jean-Paul Frenett and Ross Frenett
- 2004: Individual: Josephine Curry, St Louis' School, Monaghan
Denny National Schools'
- 2005: Team: Belvedere College, Dublin
- 2005: Individual: Cormac Early (Newtown School, Waterford)
- 2006: Team:Colaiste an Spioraid Naoimh, Cork, Eoghan McSwiney and Rob Foley
- 2006: Individual: Catherine Murphy, Mount Sackville, Dublin
- 2007: Team: Mount Mercy College, Cork, Olivia Flynn and Kate McCutcheon
- 2007: Individual: Conor McAndrew, Gonzaga College, Dublin
- 2008: Team: Dariada College, Belfast
- 2008: Individual: Hugh Burns, Pobalscoil Neasain
- 2009: Team: St. Conleths College, Dublin, Michael O'Dwyer and Cathy McShane
- 2009: Individual: Ríán Derrig, St. Gerald's, Castlebar
- 2010: Team Winners: Castleknock Community College (Deirdre McGuane & Aodhán Peelo) [Leinster]
- 2010: Individual Winner: Cairin Hunt (Wesley College) [Leinster]
- 2010: Runners-Up Team: Rockwell (Leonard Lowe & Jack Moloney) [Munster]
- 2010: Runner-Up Individual: Aisling NÍ Shuilleabháin (Pobalscoil Chorca Dhuibhne) [Munster]
- 2011: Team Winners: St. Jarlath's College (Ross O Ceallaigh and Daithi Kilgarriffe) [West]
- 2011: Individual Winner: Austin Conlon (CBC Monkstown) [Leinster]
- 2013: Team Winners: Presentation Brothers' College Sam Browne and Oisin Kidney
- 2013: Individual Winner: Matthew Collins (St. Conleths' College)
- 2014: Team Winners: St. Francis' College Rochestown Eoin O'Sullivan and Rory O'Sullivan
- 2014: Individual Winner:
- 2015: Team Winners: St. Francis' College Rochestown Ciarán Daly and Rory O'Sullivan
- 2015: Individual Winner: Niamh Ryan Loreto College St Stephen's Green